In today’s rapidly evolving digital landscape, providing reliable and secure internet connectivity is paramount for hotels, multi-family properties, student housing, retail, large venues and more. Maybe you’ve worked with Nomadix before and are looking to upgrade your property with internet gateways. Or perhaps you’re on the hunt to upgrade your Wi-Fi to meet rising user expectations. Whatever the reason, we offer three powerful options to meet diverse network infrastructure needs: the Nomadix EG 1000, EG 3000, and EG 6000 gateways.
In this post, we will conduct an in-depth comparison of these internet gateways, exploring their features, capabilities and use cases. By the end of this article, you’ll have a clear understanding of which Nomadix gateway best suits your property’s requirements.
Nomadix EG 1000:
The Nomadix EG 1000 is the entry-level gateway solution, ideal for small to medium-sized properties and businesses with lower user density. Despite its cost-effective nature, this gateway packs a punch with several noteworthy features:
- Bandwidth Management: The EG 1000 comes equipped with advanced bandwidth management capabilities, allowing administrators to prioritize internet traffic and ensure a seamless user experience.
- Internet Access Control: It enables administrators to define access policies, authenticate users, and implement time-based internet usage rules, enhancing network security and control.
- Authentication and Billing: The gateway supports a variety of authentication methods, including Access code, PMS integration and Radius, making it suitable for hospitality environments where user authentication is crucial for billing purposes.
- Captive Portal Customization: Businesses can create branded captive portals to engage users while they log in, promoting their services and providing relevant information along with support for users self-provisioning their own tiered access.
- Global PMS Support: It seamlessly integrates with Property Management Systems (PMS) worldwide, streamlining guest authentication and billing processes for hotels and resorts.
- Use Cases: The Nomadix EG 1000 is a perfect fit for small hotels, cafes, restaurants, retail shops, and other venues with limited concurrent users and basic connectivity requirements.
Nomadix EG 3000:
The Nomadix EG 3000 is a versatile gateway solution that offers enhanced performance and scalability. Designed for medium to large-sized locations, this gateway expands on the features of the EG 1000 and introduces several additional functionalities:
- High Concurrent User Support: The EG 3000 can efficiently handle a larger number of concurrent users, making it suitable for busy hotels, conference centers, airports, and large public venues.
- ISP/WAN Load Balancing: With built-in load balancing capabilities, the gateway distributes network traffic across multiple ISPs or WAN links, ensuring optimal performance and redundancy.
- Increased Device and Bandwidth Support: Support starting for 500 concurrent devices and can be upgraded to support 3000 concurrent devices with a standard throughput of 500 Mbps, upgradable to 2Gbps.
- Use Cases: The Nomadix EG 3000 is an excellent choice for establishments seeking a robust gateway solution capable of supporting a larger number of simultaneous users while maintaining advanced security and network management capabilities.
Nomadix EG 6000:
As the highest-performing gateway in the Nomadix lineup, the EG 6000 is designed for high-density environments and enterprise-level deployments. This gateway boasts impressive performance and advanced features:
- Scalability and Performance: The EG 6000 can effortlessly manage thousands of concurrent users and deliver high-speed internet access, making it suitable for large resorts, stadiums, convention centers and multi-branch enterprises.
- Redundancy and Failover: The EG 6000 offers built-in redundancy features to ensure uninterrupted internet access, even in the event of a hardware failure.
- Use Cases: The Nomadix EG 6000 is the ultimate gateway solution for enterprise-level businesses, stadiums, large-scale hotels, and any organization that demands high-performance, scalable, and secure connectivity.
What are your network infrastructure requirements?
Nomadix internet gateways cater to a wide range of networking requirements, from small businesses to enterprise-level organizations. The choice of gateway depends on factors such as bandwidth management, user density, scalability needs, and advanced features required. The EG 1000 is an excellent starting point for smaller establishments with basic connectivity needs, while the EG 3000 provides a more robust solution for medium to large-sized venues. For high-density environments and enterprise deployments, the EG 6000 stands as the ultimate gateway option.
We also recently announced the next generation of the Nomadix Cloud. Our three latest features include:
- License Management: See the status of licenses across the whole fleet of Nomadix products so properties or groups of properties can always ensure everything is up to date.
- Gateway status: View the current connectivity status, firmware version and feature licensing for each gateway in the fleet.
- Gateway backup to the cloud: Back up the gateway flash file system securely to the cloud on a regular schedule or as required.
This is important not only for the gateways, but will also allow properties to manage their entire Nomadix estate under one single pane of glass view.
And, the gateways are just a piece of the puzzle. Nomadix Networks combines our portfolio of internet gateways with a complementary range of robust wireless access points, controllers and LAN switches, creating an end-to-end network solution for procurement and support at an unbeatable performance-to-cost ratio.
Before making a decision, we can connect you with one of our valued partners to help evaluate your organization’s network infrastructure requirements and choose the Nomadix internet gateway that aligns perfectly with your needs, ensuring a seamless and secure internet experience for all users. Let us help you bring connected experiences to life.
Jeremy Cook is the product manager for the Nomadix gateways. He has worked with Nomadix for 23 years, joining the organization in quality assurance and moving through systems and pre-sales engineering and to his current role in Product Management.